Prince George Family YMCA
Permanent - Full Time
Shifts vary from 5:00am-10:15pm. Must be available for evenings and weekends as required.
What you will gain
$40,000-$50,000 Annual Salary
Starting 4 weeks annual vacation
Paid sick days
Sick days for family members
Full Benefits Package
Annual YMCA Pension contribution of 5%
Discount on child care (excluding infant and toddler care)
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. The YMCA is a national leader in health, fitness, and aquatics. In northern BC, we proudly offer health and recreation services for all ages in Prince George and Vanderhoof.
What you will bring
Our experienced ambassadors and leaders are passionate about supporting individuals of all ages and abilities to meet their goals and thrive. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5-Star Service and creating environments that are welcoming, caring, and fun through well-maintained facilities and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting to the Center Manager, the Coordinator of the Membership Sales Team role is to lead the Membership Sales Team in the achievement of the Branch’s following targets:
- Total membership
- New member sales
- Member retention
- Budget (revenue, expense, and net contribution)
- Member satisfaction (SAM 2.1 scores)
- Strong Kids fundraising
- It is expected that the Coordinator of the Membership Sales Team not only leads the team to the achievement of these goals, but leads by example through regularly scheduled direct delivery shifts.
- Lead a team of approximately 14 staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement strategies that achieve targets for: total membership, new member joins, follow up phone calls, member conversion rates, budget (revenue, expense, net contribution), member retention, SAM 2.1 member satisfaction scores, and Strong Kids funds raised
- Hold staff accountable to Membership Growth Initiative (MGI) practices
- Serve as the facility's champion for the YMCA 7 Steps to Selling program
- Train all sales staff the YMCA 7 Steps to Selling and assess ongoing performance of staff using YMCA Behaviour Grids
- Monitor and develop staff using 1 month goal setting, 3-month probationary period, and annual performance review tools
- Role model SAM 2.1 service standards and provide key leadership through direct service delivery
- Lead a productive and cheerful team that provides excellent customer service
- Build meaningful relationships through positive daily interaction with YMCA members, guests, colleagues and community partners
- Ensure Membership Sales Team staff greet all members with a smile and use their name
- Ensure member and guest complaints are handled in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean work environment, including all program areas, common spaces, and washrooms as required by SAM 2.1 and your Branch’s cleaning schedules
- Ensure the Association Financial Assistance (FA) program is administered and delivered respectfully, confidentially, and in accordance with Association policy and procedure.
- Ensure the safety and privacy of all members, guests, staff, volunteers and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensure they are maintained amongst all members, guests, staff and volunteers
- Promote and ask for donations through the YMCA’s annual Strong Kids Campaign
- Become proficient in the operation of the member database
- Assist with training new staff/volunteers in procedures and practices
- Remain flexible – willing to learn new skills and alter shifts
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Always be appropriately dressed in uniform and well groomed
- Provide strategic leadership as a member of The YMCA of Northern BC Leadership Team
- Maintain an atmosphere of achievement that inspires self and others to succeed at the highest levels
- Current Occupational First Aid for Industry - with CPR-C and AED certificate
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three satisfactory professional references
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Commitment to Organization and Values: Promote to others and demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, vision, values, and objectives of the YMCA
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identify the needs of members/guests as priority and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience
- Teamwork: Work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results
- Growth Mindset: See and develop the potential in yourself and others
- Outcomes Oriented: Lead towards and achieve identified goals