Place des Arts is seeking casual Visual Arts/Dance/Drama/Music instructors for offsite after-school programs at School District 43 elementary and middle schools. Applicants must be qualified and have experience teaching children and teens.
Place des Arts provides quality arts education in the visual and performing arts for all ages and skill levels. We offer a friendly, non-competitive environment where students are encouraged to learn and to develop an appreciation for the arts.
Applicants must be willing to travel to elementary and middle schools in Coquitlam, Port Moody and/or Port Coquitlam to teach a session of classes over a period of 8 weeks. All classes are held between September and June on weekdays after 3PM. Elementary School teaching hours are typically 3:00-4:00pm and Middle School teaching hours are typically 3:15-4:45pm.
• A bachelor’s degree in dance, drama, visual arts or music and/or equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience working with children and teens of various skill levels
• Current First Aid/CPR certification or able to obtain one prior to program start date
ATTRIBUTES AND ASSETS
• Ability to communicate and interact positively with students
• Highly responsible and punctual
• Thoughtful, energetic and passionate about teaching
• Access to a vehicle and valid BC driver’s licence
All submissions should include the following information:
1. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
2. Cover letter and résumé including previous teaching experience and personal teaching philosophy
3. Appropriate supporting materials: i.e., pictures, portfolio, videos, etc.
Instructors are contracted to a self-employment agreement. Place des Arts liaises with SD43 schools to coordinate classroom space, scheduling, registration and program promotions. All Place des Arts instructors must obtain and provide a Police Information Check prior to teaching at Place des Arts.
Please visit our website placedesarts.ca for general information regarding the centre.
This position is open until filled. Send your application c/o Jessie Au, Sr. Fine and Performing Arts Programmer. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Mail: 1120 Brunette Ave, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!