The position of Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director of the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation (CCOF). It is a permanent part-time position (with a variable schedule).
- data entry and updates;
- updates to various databases;
- production of monthly, annual and specific reports;
- data verification and matching in various funds;
- production of tax receipts;
- collaborating on a regular basis with the CCOF accountant;
- updates, follow-ups and production of reports pertaining to the Recognition program;
- forwarding of donor and honorary (in memoriam and in honour) recognitions;
- managing the inventory of recognition items;
- various follow-ups according to the needs of the CCOF or as may be required by the Executive Director;
- participation in data production;
- preparation of documents and reports that might be required for any financial or tax audit;
- filing, follow-ups, assisting with accounts payable, and support and coordination tasks relating to the exchange of information with various stakeholders;
- responding to correspondence, telephone calls and general queries
- Language skills: Fluently bilingual (ability to read, write and speak English and French)
- Education: College/DCS diploma (DEC) in technical or administration sciences or accounting studies or college/DCS diploma (DEC) or university degree in another relevant field
- General administrative experience;
- Experience using a variety of software including: Excel and Access in particular and other common office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint/Teams environment an asset;
- Knowledge of donations management software eTapestry (from Blackbaud) an asset;
- Knowledge of charitable organizations and/or of the not-for-profit sector an asset;
- Ability to do data entry with a low error rate;
- Ability to pay attention to detail especially with numbers;
- Ability to extract data and prepare reports;
- Ability to organize work effectively and adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Willingness to follow training and ease with learning new things;
- Personal suitability :
- Effective Interpersonal skills;
A period of knowledge transfer is contemplated during the candidate’s onboarding.
References: required of recent employment
Workplace: at the head office of the Foundation in Montreal and occasional remote work (namely during the Covid-19 pandemic).
Salary : $24,000 a year (3-day a week/variable schedule)
Start date: As soon as possible.
The CCOF is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Applicants must submit a resume together with a cover letter and at least three references from past employment. Applications must be submitted no later than July 30, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. (EST) via email at the following address: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
About the CCOF
The Canadian Children’s Optimists Foundation (CCOF) is a Canadian charity that is recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency and serves the interests of Canadian Optimist members. The CCOF oversees monies and donations to ensure they remain in Canada for the purposes of funding various charitable activities and projects such as Optimist International (OI) Scholarships, Junior Optimist International (JOI) youth club, OI Programs and activities and the Optimist training offered to volunteers across Canada.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!