Prince George Family YMCA
Daytime, Evening, and Weekend Shifts
What you will gain
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. The YMCA is a national leader in health, fitness, and aquatics. In northern BC, we proudly offer health and recreation services for all ages in Prince George and Vanderhoof.
What you will bring
Our experienced ambassadors and leaders are passionate about supporting individuals of all ages and abilities to meet their goals and thrive. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5-Star Service and creating environments that are welcoming, caring, and fun through well-maintained facilties and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for general cleaning of the Prince George Family Y. In this role, you will work with staff and volunteers ensuring facility standards of cleanliness are met. This position requires a strong understanding of cleaning practices and standards and ability to complete light general maintenance duties including the repair and maintenance of fitness equipment. An efficient, highly organized, attention to detail, goal orientated candidate is required. This position also has the potential for career path development and advancement within the Housekeeping department.
- Report on daily, weekly, and monthly activities as required or requested.
- Supports overall operations of a YMCA Membership Centre
- Maintains a strong understanding of the facility operations
including peak times, program schedules, events and plans for cleaning and maintenance activities appropriately.
- Is responsible for the safety and security of members/participants.
- Maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow the YMCA policies and practices.
- Be able to support the maintenance department, as scheduled, with weekends and evenings and emergency maintenance requests
- Attends staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
- A combination of experience and training related to building maintenance and cleaning; including, formal training or significant relevant experience.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current first aid and CPR certification
- Experience working in a recreation or health services related facility or similar public venue will be considered an asset.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Leadership/Coaching: Ability to direct and develop performance of self and others to achieve desired results.
- Service Strategy: Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA Experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation: Ability to manage and lead to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Project Resource Management: Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determines possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results, create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.