MOSAIC is seeking a highly motivated, positive, student-centered individual for this unique position of Instructional Developer / Instructor for the Surrey LINC program to start July 26, 2021.
Employment, Language & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Manager, the Instructional Developer / Instructor will have a dual role. The Instructional Developer aspect of the role will provide support to 3 program Instructors in meeting LINC program objectives. The Instructional aspect of the role will be to provide student-centered, PBLA classes at CLB 4 PM. The ideal candidate will be an experienced instructor who has experience or is ready to move into a leadership role.
· Work collaboratively with the Instructional Development team to develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures, standards and training.
· Support and coach instructional staff and stay up to date with current adult instructional methodologies including use of technology.
· Assist manager in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating language instructors.
· Respond to client issues and concerns and help to identify emerging program trends
· Arrange field trips, guest speakers, and referrals to settlement workers in response to program needs.
· Support the development and/or purchase of instructional resources.
· Prepare curriculum materials, delivering ESL instruction under the MOSAIC curriculum guidelines
· Create a welcoming and encouraging classroom environment both in person and online as appropriate
· Maintain student attendance records
· Planning for class field trips, guest speakers, and special events
· Assess and evaluate students using Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) indicators and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
· Undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized certificate or clearly documented equivalent
· Minimum 2 years experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student- centered, participatory methods. Experience teaching in an online environment considered an asset.
· Proven experience using CLB and PBLA for planning classes and modules and for assessing and evaluating students.
· Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC.
· Must have an excellent working knowledge of the settlement needs, issues and strengths of newcomers.
· Excellent organizational, communication and teamwork skills. Leadership skills include empathy, strategic thinking and ability to inspire others.
· Strong digital literacy skills including using e-mail, word processing, collaboration tools and learner management systems.
· Highly organized, tactful, flexible and enthusiastic. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
Annual salary based on experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is offered with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name- Surrey LINC ID-Instructor”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format. Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Language Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until Filled
July 6th 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!