Senior Manager Information Technology
Internal and External Posting
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) that provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Settlement Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go-getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
We are seeking an experienced Technology Solutions Development and Delivery professional, who will provide and oversee our ongoing digital transformation and technical direction for the design, development, and systems integration across multiple user engagements from definition phase through implementation/deployment. The ideal incumbent must:
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends in information technology, programming design and development of digital tools to expand LEF’s online and digital media-driven services to our clients and community.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
Overall Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Technology and Product Development Management.
- Creates and executes product development plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. (Web apps, database and CRM integration, etc.)
- Keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as a liaison between development team members and project manager; and/or client/vendors/stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Supports Project Manager and team members in the use of Agile methodology and must be comfortable learning and working in an Agile Development environment.
- Research, Define, create and communicates standards and privacy/security procedures in the selection and use of technology, as well as software/digital tools used by the organization.
- Provides technical direction for the design, development, and systems-based integrations across multiple client/user engagements from the definition phase through implementation.
- Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and development standards to improve digital services to our clients.
- Recognize, track and analyse system deficiencies and implements effective technical solutions or upgrades.
- Suggests innovative technical solutions to greater meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life.
- Identify organizational standards for hardware and software to optimize business processes and productivity.
- Support and maintain the standard for new hardware and software acquisition and management of the existing inventory.
- Develop detailed project action plans to implement each element of the above-mentioned integration, security, and infrastructure vision.
- Work closely with business systems supports to ensure technology integrations are seamless to the end-user.
- Completion of user experience exercises to ensure campaigns are aligned to the needs of the audience.
- Creation of detailed project/action plans for implementations along with regular reporting, budgeting approvals and tracking.
- Works with the team to develop and roll out end-user training and supporting documentation for any new and/or systems upgrades.
- Leads direct reports through thoughtful coaching and mentoring.
- Oversees department team members, providing appropriate support, development opportunities, recognition, challenge and motivation for team.
- Provides ongoing information to the team on strategic and work plans and how their work supports those.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a systems integrator or developer at a management level
- Experience or degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software/application development, or another related field
- Experience with implementation and configuration of some or all of the following kinds of systems: CRM, HRIS, ERP, VOIP, WebApps, cloud-based applications such as Microsoft office 365
- Experience with planning, developing and oversight of integrations involving some or all of the following kinds of systems: CRM, HRIS, ERP, VOIP, WebApps, and cloud-based applications such as Microsoft office 365 and Intranet
- Experience with planning and implementing Information Security requirements and techniques
- Creation and delivery of strategy and/or vision documents, including via presentations with managers and stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with external vendors, internal customers and employees at all levels of an organization
- Proficient critical thinking and analytical skills
- Possesses significant knowledge of complex database concepts and ensures project teams are effectively employing appropriate database design techniques
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the application
- Possesses significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and accurately suggests the use of the appropriate technology for the application
- Understands browser/client specific compatibility issues
- Serves as a key participant in team and client meetings
- Experience working with external and internal clients to build solid relationships
- Confronts issues openly and quickly
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information
- Experience managing and developing a team remotely would be an asset
- Must be able to work from a home office with the flexibility to attend to LEF offices when required