PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: Provincial Office – Station Tower (13401 – 108ᵗʰ Avenue, Surrey) CLOSES: Posting will
remain open until filled and will close without notice
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities
by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork,
respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud,
self- governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens,
assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Ministry of Education
team as an Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Métis Education Coordinator, the primary objective of the role is to provide
administrative and clerical support to the Ministry of Education.
MNBC’s Employer of Choice Initiatives offers employees a competitive total compensation package
✓ comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment
in the Municipal Pension Plan
✓ 14 paid days per year for statutory and cultural days (Indigenous People Day &
Louis Riel Day)
✓ carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Provincial Office only)
✓ educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide
annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
✓ remote workplace supports.
✓ internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee day-to-day operations including calendar management, travel arrangements,
and answering telephone, in-person, and electronic inquiries or directing clients to appropriate
individuals in the Ministry of Education
• Coordinate internal and external meeting logistics, including facility logistics,
preparation and printing of meeting materials and agenda, facilitating telephone or online
conference calls, taking minutes, and creating action items for follow up to ensure completion
• Prepare, organize, and coordinate a variety of sensitive and confidential
correspondence, memos, presentations, spreadsheets, and reports from internal and external sources
• Develop and maintain electronic and manual filing system
• Process mail outs for various project work
• Manage MNBC’s Early Years Newsletter and website content
• Perform a variety of administrative duties, including filing, photocopying, binding,
scanning, sorting, filing, and maintaining records in a confidential manner
• Actively participate as a critical member of the Ministry of Education team to
create solutions that advance the successful, efficient, and effective delivery of MNBC’s Ministry
of Education initiatives.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Administrative Assistant diploma or certificate
• Two (2) years of experience in an administrative capacity
• Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures, including online scheduling
• Proven ability to proofread documents for formatting, grammatical, and spelling
• Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by
Métis people in B.C.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing,
ensuring a high degree of confidentiality is maintained
• Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal
• Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word,
Excel, and other database/software required by the role
• Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of
• There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel
outside of the normal business hours
• Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and
subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-
identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!