Position Summary: Serving as the direct point of contact for all patrons using the aquatic facility of Fitness on 25th, the Lifeguard/Instructor is responsible for the safety and instruction of the patrons during their use of the facility.
Position Reporting: Direct Reporting to Head Life Guard, YWCA Fitness on 25th and to the Director of Fitness & Facilities, YWCA Fitness on 25th
Hours of Work: Flexible/Part–time, Weekends, Evenings. Multiple part-time/flexible life guarding/swimming instructing positions are available immediately. The appropriate must be available to work Saturday’s and Sunday’s and evenings. This job is excellent for students or for life guards wanting part-time flexible work.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Working as part of a collaborative team:
• Providing knowledge and information while ensuring the safety of all patrons
• Performing basic first aid skills and water safety skills as required
• Lifeguarding aquatic classes and lane swimming
• Providing quality instruction through the teaching of Red Cross swimming lessons from levels from preschool to level 10 as well as adult lessons
• Responsible for writing up lessons plans, taking attendance of classes, writing up report cards, and to successfully evaluate each class as a whole and individually
• Perform related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Grade 10 Education
• Must have current WSI (Water Safety Instructor Course)
• Must have current NLS (Pool Option) or Red Cross Pool Lifeguard
• Must have current updated standard First Aid and CPR and AED
• Must a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!