MISSION AND VALUES:
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
Watch inspiring stories from some of those who have been helped through The Salvation Army’s programs:
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma with at least two years relevant experience; Degree or Diploma in Human or Social Services is preferred
- Experience working with a diverse population, including mental health and addictions, is an asset
- Demonstrates janitorial skills at a professional level
- Professional level of cleaning methods and procedures including proper hygienic procedures
- Capable of operating mechanized cleaning and maintenance equipment such as floor cleaner and small tools
- Physical ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Solid experience in janitorial related field
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment when making decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to follow detailed instructions
- Good computer working skills with Microsoft office and using working email for communication
- Good interpersonal skills, self motivated and disciplined
- Updated Criminal Police Investigation Check with vulnerable sector screening, First Aid/CPR certificate, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
- Clean and disinfect offices, common rooms, bedrooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, elevators, stairways, lockers, door handles and other work areas so that health standards are met
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Remove debris from parking lot
- Sort dirty linens, load washing machines, fold dried items and put them in proper places
- Provide referrals or general information to community members
- Register new residents and properly complete all the documents as required
- Maintain accurate records of client stays on paper and/or computer
- Refer clients to the appropriate persons for counseling, administration, housing information and social services assistance
- Ensure all reporting/recording is documented as required
- Hand out client medication, clean linens, bag lunches, as per policy
- Accept, receipt and put in the money safe box, any monies received at Front Desk after regular work hours
- Work closely with other staff, identifying any safety and security needs
- Other job-related duties as assigned by Manager
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
This is a casual relief position with no guaranteed hours. Flexibility in scheduling is required.
The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility.
Must availability for weekend and/or after-hours during weekdays.
Work location of work is at Windsor Centre of Hope, 355 Church Street, Windsor ON N9A 7G9.
Interested applicants must respond via email with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.