Group Services Workers
Weekend Summer Camp Program
Contract Duration: July 24, 2021 to August 28, 2021
Hours of Work: Saturdays
Location: In Centre
Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a pioneer in developing leading edge resources, programs and services that serve as models for other organizations throughout the world. Our mission is to empower individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families, to fully participate in their communities.
Reporting to the Interim Supervisor, Group Services Workers work directly with children, youth and adults with Autism in a weekend camp setting assisting to develop communication, social and life skills.
• Support children, youth, and adults with ASD to participate in an in-Centre respite setting
• Provide direct care to the participants (including personal care), ensuring health and safety and programming at all times for participants
• Support participants in engaging in a variety of interactive activities that support both recreational and individualized goals
• Implementation of crisis management techniques where necessary using Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
• Ensure adequate materials (i.e. visual aids, programming materials, etc.) are available and ready for use each shift
• Participate in program planning with team members during preparation time
• Complete daily progress reports on each participant and other documentation, as required
• Maintain regular contact with the Supervisor/Team Leads regarding all issues pertaining to the program
• Maintain a clean and organized work/office area.
• University/college education in a relevant discipline–completed or working towards completion
• Previous experience providing direct support to children, youth or adults with an ASD
• Understanding of the principles of applied behaviour analysis
• Demonstrated problem solving and crisis management skills
• Experience with managing challenging behaviours using Crisis Prevention Intervention techniques
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Be reliable, dependable and adaptable.
• Valid CPR Level C Certification.
Pre-employment medical including confirmation of Covid-19 Vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Please quote Job #15.21
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!