6 month Contract
Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a pioneer in developing leading edge resources, programs and services that serve as models for other organizations throughout the world. Our mission is to empower individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families, to fully participate in their communities.
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, The Instructor Therapist works directly with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families in the provision of an intensive behavioural service.
• Provide direct service in Intensive Behavioural Intervention in a one-on-one and in a group setting
• In conjunction with the Clinical Supervisor, provide input into each child’s curriculum
• Address personal care requirements of the child during each session
• Monitor clients’ progress and effectiveness of individual programs
• Prepare teaching materials
• Record and graphs data, writes reports and progress notes and flags exceptional circumstances as well as the need for changes to the program plan
• Participate in the treatment planning process with parents and relevant others
• Currently Centre based - must adhere to COVID-19 protocols and practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree or (2-year) Community College program in behavioural sciences, psychology or early childhood education
• Have a good understanding of early childhood education, Autism and Applied Behaviour Analysis
• Previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or Autism
• Available to work evenings, weekend where required
• Be prepared to work in a structured environment
• Be able to receive feedback
• Be reliable, dependable.
Pre-employment medical including confirmation of Covid-19 Vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required.
Hours of Work: Shifts based on Program needs.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Please quote “Relief Instructor Therapist” in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!