EPC is a non-profit organization providing employment services in the Peterborough area since 1982. We have a team-oriented, supportive work culture and seek motivated employees that are committed to a high standard of service and ongoing learning. We are currently seeking an experienced Employment Counsellor: Case Manager to fill a 15 month contract.
a) Direct Client Assistance
- Conduct thorough intakes to establish client need.
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques and Bridges Out of Poverty philosophies in all service provision.
- Develop appropriate employment action plans with clients that could include: life stabilization interventions, formal assessment, career exploration, job search, job retention, specialized supports, referral to community services and disability accommodation.
- Provide career and employment counselling/coaching for clients in development of resumes/cover letters, development of occupational goals, job search techniques, labour market research and career planning.
- Identify client training needs such as literacy and basic skills, employability skills, and short/long-term skill training.
- Facilitate workshops and participate in the development of content.
b) Coordinated Case Management and Community Outreach
- Collaborate with internal teams and external professionals as required to adapt services based on client needs and barriers.
- Case coordination and management with referral sources, (eg. OW, ODSP), to provide wrap-around supports for clients.
- Maintain accurate and timely data entry into required information systems.
- Maintain detailed and accurate client files.
- Maintain in-office systems and workloads appropriately.
a) Education and Training:
- Must have completed relevant post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Possesses Canadian Career Development Practitioner certification or is willing to work towards achievement of certification.
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and professional development.
- Preference for those trained in Motivational Interviewing and Bridges Out of Poverty.
b) Experience and Competencies
- Must have a minimum of 1 full year of experience in direct provision of career and employment counselling services.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the components of the career and employment planning process.
- Ability to analyze current occupational and labour market trends.
- Effective counselling and group facilitation skills.
- Understanding of how change, transition, disability, values and life circumstances affects clients.
- Competence in current resume and cover letter development practices, interview skills and effective job search techniques and the ability to coach clients in these areas.
- Professional communication skills - written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload effectively - utilizes effective time management skills, meets deadlines and internal service expectations.