- Our clubhouses are based on a psychosocial rehabilitation approach to wellness. Members participate in low stress work units, volunteer and employment opportunities, make friends, enjoy recreational activities and learn new skills. Workers provide activities and services to promote personal health and wellness, while increasing independence and facilitating recovery.
Highlights of key responsibilities
- Interview, orient clients and assess their abilities as related to key components of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Plan, implement, facilitate and assess activities as they relate to the particular component.
- Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of client interest and need, maintain current and accurate documentation regarding client progress, financial records and statistical information.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or related combination of education and experience.
- Current Level 1 First Aid Certificate.
- Class 4 Drivers License.
- Specific training in recreational, vocational and/or occupational therapy.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Lived experience relevant to the service setting.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Must be able and willing to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team while managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to a problem solving approach.
- Demonstrated ability to develop program related reference and resource materials.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.