- The Case Worker provides first-language one-on-one or family services for vulnerable refugees/immigrants through a wraparound service approach, including outreach, eligibility screening intake, assessment, goal oriented action planning, orientation, supported access to services, service bridging, progress monitoring, exit planning and transition support.
Highlights of key responsibilities
- Adopt creative strategies and establish appropriate community partnerships to reach/recruit client target group and to provide orientation to clients, if applicable.
- Conduct eligibility assessment and program intake processes, as well as needs assessment in client’s home.
- Facilitate case management and develop Wraparound Support Services Plan with each client that sets goals to achieve during service period. The plan should aim to achieve both personal life goals of clients and relevant program outcomes.
- Establish appropriate linkages to other service providers to facilitate referrals and to ensure a coordinated support system for the client.
- Provide individualized service and other supports to enhance clients’ readiness for regular settlement service or other services in the community.
- Provide on-going counselling and coaching to clients to ensure that settlement plans are being followers and regularly reassessed, appropriate referrals and assistance are provided and client’s progress toward expected outcomes is tracked.
- Maintain confidentiality with files and documentation using OCMS Database and follow reporting requirements ad directed by immediate supervisor in accordance with OCS policies, COA standards and funding expectations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or related combination of education, training and experience in a related field, working with immigrants and refugees.
- Experience and a strong understanding of case management.
- Experience with case file documentation and database information management.
- Interpretation certification and/or training.
- Class 5 Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Current Level 1 First Aid Certificate.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and promote principles of settlement, multiculturalism and immigration.
- Understanding of social service programming for immigrants and refugees.
- Well developed counseling, conflict resolution, oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of intercultural family dynamics and the impact of immigration and/or trauma
- Ability to maintain confidential records.