Location / Lieu: Langley, BC
Position / Poste: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Customized
Employment – Full Time
Duties / Fonctions:
Customized Employment (CE) is a flexible process designed to personalize the employment relationship between a job seeker and an employer in a way that meets the needs of both. CE involves providing individualized employment services to clients with complex needs and/or barriers to achieve and maintain employment.
- Accept referral and review the client plan/documentation as provided by the referral source;
- Provide services to adults who have disabilities and are challenged by employment barriers;
- Assist individuals with disabilities to ensure they are successful in the Employment Placement Services program;
- Conduct needs assessments, and labour market research;
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis, job accommodation and job coaching; assisting and supporting clients in achieving sustained employment
- Provide employment and motivational counseling;
- Case manage services to ensure timely and cost effective service delivery;
- Complete required service reports;
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes.
The Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree relevant to providing client services to people with disabilities;
- Holding (or willing to work towards) an associated relevant professional certification (i.e. Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), or equivalent RCCS, RVP) and/or Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP);
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities;
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience;
Demonstrated experience in:
- Assessing complex client needs in specialized areas, such as physical limitations, developmental disabilities, mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers;
- Interpreting clinical assessments;
- Delivering customized employment, job coaching and job development services;
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills;
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to document, maintain records and write reports;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au : Until filled
Salary Range/ Échelle des salaires : $29.70/hour
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Sarah Beauregard
Position: Program Assistant, Employment Services
Address: 200-4475 Viewmont Ave, Victoria BC V8Z 6L8
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.