COSTI REQUIRES A YOUTH GROUP WORKER FOR ITS YOUTH SERVICES PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This program is specifically for new immigrant youth between the ages of 16 and 24. The program will provide youth with assistance in the areas of settlement, education, leadership development, civic engagement, recreation and employment
This is a non-Union part time contract position scheduled to work 24.5 hours per week**
• Recruit youth to participate in programming activities (from schools and colleges).
• Organize group activities both online and in person for youth, such as youth leadership and civic engagement activities, intergenerational activities, homework clubs, cultural celebrations, recreational activities and orientation/information sessions.
• Provide information and referral to educational institutions, recreational programs, youth specific services, community centres, volunteer programs and employment opportunities.
• Liaise with community agencies in the areas where Newcomer youth are living to bridge services to the needs of this population.
• Provide individual counseling based on the needs of the youth (life skills, crisis intervention, and telephone support).
• Evaluate the program on an on-going basis and recommend service delivery changes based on the evaluation.
• Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum One (1) year of experience providing community development services including settlement, recreational and case management to youth at risk.
• Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom, Goto Meeting, HighFive and other social media applications.
• Demonstrated knowledge of specific issues facing immigrants and refugee youth.
• Knowledge of the educational system, recreational programs and youth-related services.
• Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
• Access to a car would be an asset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!