SMALL BUSINESS BC – Graphic Designer
Status: Permanent, Full-time Employee
Salary: BCGEU Level: Range 18
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Graphics Designer who has an eye for creating compelling art and visual designs. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position will be responsible for furthering the brand by creating graphic designs and all high-quality communications materials for SBBC.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for creation of all website design features for the SBBC website.
- Responsible for creation of all special project design work including but not limited to, brochures, guides for events, print materials and web elements.
- Designs and creates content for all SBBC Awards program marketing collateral both digital and print.
- Supports marketing department through creation of promotional/advertising, events, and other marketing materials.
- Responsible for ongoing updates of SBBC general marketing collateral in conjunction with new launch of new products and/or services.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create design elements and build the SBBC brand.
- Manages, organizes, and archives files as needed.
- Assists in creation of reports, including but not limited to Annual reports and reports for external stakeholders.
- Contributes to internal initiatives including but not limited to design, planning and execution to support the teams objectives.
- Provides support to the marketing department as necessary and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS – WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- A diploma or degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum two to three (2-3) years of direct related work experience
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or various design programs.
- Proficient in variety of creative skills such as photos and video editing, illustration, and animations is a strong asset.
- Creative and detail oriented self starter with strong organizational skills.
- Experience in working for a Not-for-Profit organization an asset.
- Knowledge of local (BC) traditional and online media relations
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- BCGEU Level: Range 18, step 1 $2,200.10 bi-weekly (non-negotiable)
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months.
- Benefits include 100% premiums paid by SBBC for MSP, Extended and Dental health, Group RRSP contributions and one paid day off, ‘Flex Day’ every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community!