JOB POSTING # 2021-47-01
Community Living Program
Community Living Child and Youth Support Worker – Two Vacancies
Wage: $ 21.00 to $ 22.00 per hour
Part-time - (18 hours per week)
The Community Living Support Worker is responsible to assist children and youth aged 8-18 years with diverse abilities participate in social and recreational activities within the STAR program and within their community. This position includes connecting the individuals served to community resources and providing a variety of social and recreation activities, with the view of helping each person served strive for further independence, inclusion, and improved quality of life.
- Engage in one-to-one support with each person to develop Individual Service Plan, which is reflective of their personal goals, to be reviewed regularly.
- Works collaboratively with the individual in assisting to reach their goals, review and evaluate their progress, and adjust their individual service plan, as required.
- Identify and offer social, recreational and skill building opportunities that are reflective of each individual and their groups interests; provide support, guidance, and instruction to facilitate participation.
- Identify and access community resources that meet each individual needs; ensuring all activities are delivered in accordance with the philosophies of ACS and the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- Provide personalized care to individuals in a dignified manner, when needed.
- Connect with individuals via telephone and video conferencing, when appropriate
- Meet with individuals for outreach services in the community, when appropriate
- Encourage all parties to abide by COVID-19 provincial public health directives and Archway COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Accompanies and/or transports individuals to activities.
- Maintain daily progress notes and other documentation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Monitor individual satisfaction and funder satisfaction of current programming.
- Ensures effective program delivery that is consistent with agency and program mandate, policies, and procedures and as per CARF and CLBC program standards.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, team workshops, agency trainings and professional development sessions and activities.
- Upholds and promotes an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the philosophy and policies of Archway Community Services.
- Complete additional duties as designated by the Community Living Manager.