Options Community Services Society
We are a non-profit registered charity providing social services primarily in Surrey, Delta, White Rock and Langley. We believe in helping people help themselves. We believe in collaborating with individuals, businesses, community groups and government to create focused, effective and responsive resources for the community.
We envision a healthy community as a safe and clean environment where we all have a sense of belonging. It is a place where each of us has the opportunity to work and learn, and to develop and realize goals that are meaningful and fulfilling.
Temporary Part-Time – March 31, 2022
(21 hours per week shift schedule,
some evenings required)
Our clubhouses are based on a psychosocial rehabilitation approach to wellness. Members participate in low-stress work units, volunteer and employment opportunities, make friends, enjoy recreational activities and learn new skills. Workers provide activities and services to promote personal health and wellness while increasing independence and facilitating recovery.
The Mental Health Worker will be working in the three Clubhouses located in Delta and Surrey. They will support and facilitate activities within the components of the psycho social rehabilitation clubhouse model and work within the model of psycho social rehabilitation. The ideal candidate will be available to work various shifts as well as some evenings.
HIGHLIGHTS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interview, orient clients and assess their abilities as related to key components of psycho social rehabilitation.
• Plan, implement and facilitate activities as they relate to the particular component.
• Provide ongoing assessment and evaluation of client interest and need.
• Maintain current and accurate documentation regarding client progress, financial records and statistical information.
• Ensure all equipment is well maintained and safe.
• Perform other duties as needed to ensure the successful operation of the program.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree or related combination of education and experience.
• Specific training includes recreational, vocational and/or occupational therapy.
• Current Level I First Aid certificate.
• Class 4 Drivers License.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Effective facilitation skills.
• Must be able and willing to work shifts including weekends and evenings.
• Must be able to work effectively both independently and within the “team”.
• Must demonstrate an ability to work effectively with the client group.
• Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop program related reference and resource materials.
• Commitment to a problem-solving approach.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Must complete a six (6) month probationary period before staff are permanent employees, unless otherwise specified by contract conditions.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
Applicants with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!