POSITION TITLE: EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLOR / CASE MANAGER
Under the direction of the ES Supervisor, the primary responsibility of this role includes providing assisted services to respond to the career and employment needs of individuals who are facing barriers to employment including individuals with diverse backgrounds and disabilities. The primary responsibilities of this high-response, people centred Case Manager position include assisting unemployed individuals to develop individualized employment plans and to provide them with 1:1 support to ensure that they receive the services, supports and resources they need to achieve their employment goal. The Case Manger will provide intake, referral and client assessment services, individualized employment service planning, monitoring, and case management and mentoring. They will also assist program participants by clarifying career goals, teaching effective job search techniques, identifying potential employment opportunities, assisting with the completion of applications for upgrading, training and education. In this role the Case Manager will participate as a key member of a multidisciplinary team to coordinate job coaching, employer liaison and training supports based on the service needs determination process of the agency. They will prepare and conduct group presentations and workshops as needed. They will also help clients access other services they may want or need, including those of community partners, as necessary.
The Case Manager will serve as the lead for ensuring that the participant receives a multidisciplinary approach to service. If applicable, they will foster mentors to support the participant. They will excel at motivational theories and will be instrumental in the case management of clients. The Case Manager will work collaboratively with the employment support team to develop and maintain current documentation and active file management that achieves the highest standards in employment practices and documentation. They will be responsible for the overall tracking and maintenance of the client’s progress and will contribute greatly to reporting milestones of their achievements. An important part of this role will be to work with ES team members to support the client directly with a strong focus on the continuous individual development towards obtaining and retaining employment, while contributing to the overall targets and goals of the organization.
· Time sensitive information
· Planning, organization, documentation
· Tact and diplomacy
· Pro-active and productive
· Problem solving and conflict resolution
· Time management
· Deals with stress effectively and remains calm under pressure
· Thorough understanding of duties/tasks
· Ability to work independently and within a larger team
· Seeks guidance when unsure
· Decision making
· Stress management Client Satisfaction
· Client confidentiality
· Effective communication
· Provide a safe environment
· Compassion and understanding of client needs
· Advanced Knowledge of Employment Ontario Employment Service guidelines
· Advanced knowledge of other Employment Ontario agencies, programs and services
· Advanced knowledge of local community agencies
· Knowledge of Employment Counselling principles
· Advanced knowledge of Employment Standards, Human Rights and Ontario Labour Law.
· Motivational techniques to encourage clients to meet goals and development milestones
· Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
· Active listening skills
· Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Client assessment and referral
· Counselling ethics
· Coaching techniques
· Provides clients with accurate information and answers to relevant questions
· Understands multiple perspectives and balances competing interests
Identifies client needs and encourages them to meet goals and development milestones
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!