Position Description: Reporting to the Manager, Digital Strategies and Services, and working in collaboration with the organization’s third-party vendors and remote IT department, the IT & Office Administrator is responsible for coordinating the company’s technological assets, including purchasing and tracking laptops, PCs, and other devices, organizing cyber security training and alike initiatives, as well as office administration duties.
Position Type: Full time one-year contract with very strong possibility of extension
Experience: 2+ years
Number of Positions: 1
Department: Digital Strategies and Services
Reporting to: Manager, Digital Strategies and Services
Start date: Immediately
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Maintains client computer labs across all offices ensuring optimization of hardware and network set-up while installing upgrades/patches and troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinates the configuration and delivery of new devices in collaboration with the organization’s remote IT provider.
- Coordinates reconfiguration of existing devices when a technology asset is being re-assigned, in collaboration with the organization’s remote IT provider.
- Provides access to and troubleshoots issues on various platforms not serviced by the organization’s remote IT provider (e.g., internal databases, VoIP, etc.) to support staff in their day-to-day work.
- Orders PCs, laptops, and other equipment for all departments across the organization when required; maintains relationships with vendors and negotiates best rates.
- Ensures all technological equipment, including laptops, PCs, tablets, etc. are equipped with the organization’s universal security software; monitors the administrator console daily for any alerts and immediately addresses concerns by escalating issues to the organization’s remote IT provider.
- Maintains and updates inventory list of company’s technology assets, including all laptops, PCS, tablets, printers and other devices/hardware; reviews the record of assets at least weekly to ensure accurate record of devices and users.
- Provides and maintains mandatory acknowledgement forms that must be signed by personnel prior to a company-owned device being issued.
- Coordinates monthly, online cybersecurity training for all staff across the organization and performs full administrator functions on the training portal (e.g., adds/removes users); ensures completion of all assigned training modules by personnel and issues individual reminders when required.
- Ensures the extension directory on the company’s VoIP telephone system is up-to-date; works in collaboration with the Manager, Digital Strategies and Services to assign and update extension numbers and to resolve issues.
- Organizes professional shredding of documents and disposal of old hardware in accordance with funder requirements and company procedures.
- Takes full accountability for the ongoing maintenance and coordination of the company’s storage units, including maintaining and updating record of inventory and making trips to the storage facility as needed.
- Handles logistics when new locations are opening; assists with space plans, renovation plans, IT and telephone set-up, furniture installation, etc.
- Performs quality assurance audits as needed, including periodic quality checks of staff voicemail greetings.
- Coordinates company orders of business cards, name tags, and other office administration duties as assigned.
- Travels on an occasional basis to various office locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- University degree or college diploma relating to the field of information technology or business administration, or equivalent practical work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience relating to providing support with online systems and working in an Office 365 environment.
- Experience with procedures and best practices to protect privacy and security of confidential, personal and private information.
- Exceptional problem solving, attention-to-detail, and time management skills with the ability to take initiative to respond to priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and priorities- all Head Office staff must be able to successfully “switch gears” quickly to respond to different priorities, with their work varying from day-to-day.
- Ability to work very independently and develop strong working relationships with various teams and stakeholders.
- Equipped to work remotely, with reliable internet connection.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods.
- Ability and willingness to travel on an occasional basis to various office locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program