Position: Employer and Client Coordinator (Job Developer), Canadian Veterans
Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) – Full time (35 hours per week)
Location: All of Ontario
March of Dimes Canada (MODC) is a federally registered national charity that offers a wide variety of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities. Since 1951, March of Dimes Canada has been on the forefront of the disability movement with a mission that is dedicated to maximizing the independence, personal empowerment and community participation of people with disabilities. Our 2018-2023 Strategic plan is focuses on a bold vision of enhancing services to an expanding constituency, financing the vision, building stakeholder partnerships and creating an appropriate and sustainable infrastructure. Through our Culture Code we live the values of: We Are One Team, We Are Accountable to Ourselves and Each Other, and We Adapt and Grow Together.
Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS) is a joint venture comprised of two well-respected vocational rehabilitation providers. With more than 40 years experience providing comprehensive vocational rehabilitation services, Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services brings together a national network of service providers and vocational rehabilitation experts to ensure the best support for Veterans and their families.
The Employer and Client Coordinator (ECC) is responsible for assisting modern-day Veterans or family members secure civilian employment through creating employment connections. The ECC is responsible for developing and maintaining a network of potential employers in all industries. The ECC is responsible for assisting Participants achieve their
employment goal as outlined in their vocational plan through completing job preparation activities such as resume and cover letter preparation, interview skills and job search techniques. The ECC will also work with various employers to match qualified candidates to potential job openings.
The ideal candidate will show an in-depth understanding of job development activities and have a client centred approach to their work. The candidate will show great initiative and problem-solving abilities. They must be able to deal with Participant information in a confidential and professional manner. The ECC will be expected to have excellent team and interpersonal skills and be able to work comfortably under pressure while delivering quality services to veterans.
- Conduct cold calls and identify employers in the community with hiring needs
- Receive leads from prospecting and actively engage employers through telephone and face to face meetings
- Negotiate employment opportunities with employers for CVVRS clientele from various referral sources
- Document employer needs and requirements to assist CVVRS clientele to prepare for interviews
- Facilitate one-on-one or group job search readiness workshops such as resume and cover letter preparation and mock interviews
- Design and deliver new job preparation workshops based on individual needs of participants
- Support participant in their job search activities and provide follow up to Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist during the job search phase of the vocational rehabilitation plan
- Meet monthly targets to ensure MODC clients are successful in obtaining and retaining meaningful employment with local employers in the community
- College diploma, Bachelor's Degree or relevant education in Career Development, Social Services or Human Resources
- Some experience in job development, employer outreach and marketing, and customer relationship management; reputable experience in recruitment and screening and job placement
- Experience working with people with disabilities or barriers to employment
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Extensive knowledge of private sector and labor market trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication, sales and customer service skills
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe software
- Ability to document, maintain records and assist in reports
- A vehicle in good working condition is required
- A clean vulnerable sector criminal record check is required
Compensation for this role is $54,027.27 per year with two weeks vacation.
This is a contract position until December 31, 2022.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.