Under the supervision of the Manager, Innovative & Health Promotion Programs, this position is responsible for providing individual settlement and referral support to clients, coordinating and facilitating program activities and groups for LGBTQI+ immigrants, refugees, and other newcomers, and helping to create community awareness of specific issues related to LGTBQI+ settlement and integration.
• Experience working with LGBTQI+ immigrants, refugees and other newcomers, experience working with those from diverse cultural backgrounds - lived personal experience is an asset
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as gender studies, social work, community development or other), or a certificate or diploma or course work in related fields, or a combination of training and experience in a related area
• Knowledge of programs and services, service linking techniques, immigrant and refugee settlement issues and needs, availability of LGBTQI+ service provision in the Lower Mainland
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to speak, read and write in fluent English; additional languages are an asset
• Experience with program coordination and delivery, stakeholder collaboration, facilitation and public presentations
• Be empathic, diplomatic respectful and discrete; able to remain tactful and patient during stressful situations; able to set professional boundaries with clients
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to set priorities and meet deadlines and take initiative
• A working knowledge of standard office equipment and software applications; experience with Zoom and similar platforms is an asset
• A passion for working in a diverse, multicultural environment
• Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
This is a full-time, indefinite role. Please note, some evening work and flexibility will be required of this position
STARTING PAY: $23.93 - $27.52 per hour, based on qualifications and experience
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
DEADLINE: Open until filled
NOTES: Although we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.
Posting Date: July 14th, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!