Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) and the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking an enthusiastic, client-centered, and results-oriented individual to fill the role of an Employment Services Advisor for both Fast Track to Infrastructure Construction (F2IC) and Fast Track to Customer Relationship Management (F2CRM) programs.
Employment Services Advisor
Employment, Language, and Social Enterprise Services
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Employment Services Advisor, you will provide a wide range of services including case management, curriculum development, facilitation, counselling, and work experience placement services. The Employment Services Advisor is also responsible for maintaining an excellent working relationship with clients and employers.
· Provide job-related one-to-one or group counselling, document all counselling activities and sessions, offer support as appropriate, and refer clients to other appropriate resources
· Prepare and deliver essential skills workshops to participants (existing materials may require target specific adjustments)
· Assist clients with navigation and access to online assessment and job search support
· Organize and deliver group sessions as necessary (in person and through virtual channels)
· Provide employment services training to immigrant and indigenous populations
· Engage in placement activities such as cold calling, follow-up on job leads, gathering job postings, communication of opportunities to staff and clients, and securing paid and unpaid work experiences
· Maintain and provide regular statistics on participant progress
· Maintain client files to proper standards
· Post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in adult education, counselling, psychology, social work, human services, ESL studies, or a combination of coursework and experience
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent time management skills to ensure effective balance between 2 programs
• One to two years of experience providing assessment, employment counselling, facilitation, and providing referral services to professional and non-professional clients
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Teams, Zoom, publishing software, databases, and the ability to operate standard office equipment
• Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement in decision-making
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset
· Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position
Annual salary commensurate with the level experience and qualifications.
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Employment Services Advisor, Multiple Programs”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
July 30, 2021
July 16, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!