TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a permanent, part-time position based on 3 – 15 hours per week. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility.
Shifts: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:15 pm. Saturdays 9:00 am to 4:15 pm. This position works most Saturdays.
Normal location of work is at the Listowel Thrift Store, 272 Main St. E., Listowel, Ontario N4W 2B7.
Permanent part-time employment with The Salvation Army (less than 25 hours per week) will provide you with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: vacation time, sick days, employer matching RRSP contributions and Christmas Grants.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Mission and Values
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
· Maintain customer service standards, provide service to customers and greet them when entering the store.
· Accurate completion of all customer transactions including cash, debit and credit card sales with minimal voids, overages, or shortages.
· Adhere to store policy regarding refunds, voids and returns.
· Contribute to meet store sales targets, efficient courteous customer service; tactfully manage difficult customers.
· Inform the supervisor of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service, prices, merchandise etc.
· Pay particular attention to store security, by monitoring activity within the store.
· Maintain an attractive organized appearance of the store, tidy, restock shelves, clean, sweep, dust, and mop as necessary.
· Contribute to the safety of staff and customers (e.g. snow removal, clear fire exits, and clean spillage).
· Handle the merchandise in a safe and organized manner, assist in stock rotation.
· Replenish inventory levels based on supervisor’s directions.
· Maintain sorting/processing of donated goods; ensure correct pricing and compliance with quality standards.
· Work with volunteers as assigned.
· Perform other position related duties as assigned.
· Complete Secondary School
· Minimum of three (3) months of prior related experience in a retail environment preferred
· Cash handling experience is required
· Knowledge and experience using a cash register, and interact is a definite asset
· Basic math skills required to calculate discounts and percentages as well as reading skills
· Requires continuously standing for long periods of time, frequent twisting, bending, crouching, reaching, reaching overhead, pushing and pulling, lifting, kneeling
· Ability to lift/move on a regular basis up to 40 pounds
· Ability to work as part of a productive team and/or independently as required
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service sills
· Self-motivated/disciplined and able to work as part of a team
· Able to work most Saturdays
· Provide an original copy of a Background Check
· Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada
· NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!