POSITION TITLE: Crisis Intervention Worker
REPORTS TO: Manager, Crisis Intervention
LOCATION: Sherwood Park, Alberta
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Casual Available shifts include:
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
A Safe Place provides support and resources to overcome domestic abuse. The Strathcona Shelter Society operates an emergency shelter for women and children, a crisis and family violence information line, community outreach, and public education to end domestic violence in our community.
To provide information support, referrals, and advocacy to abused women and children in keeping with the Mission Statement and Philosophy of the Strathcona Shelter Society – A Safe Place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide telephone support, information, and referrals to clients accessing the 24/7 crisis helpline.
2. Assess client eligibility for admission and complete intakes when appropriate.
3. Support clients to develop a Safety Plan.
4. Maintain accurate and comprehensive written documentation of client interactions.
5. Maintain communication with other members of the team according to established procedures.
6. Provide for the safety of shelter residents according to established procedures.
7. Complete routine household tasks and supervise children as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Social Work Diploma/Degree or equivalent. 2. Previous experience working within the area of family violence. 3. A commitment to client-focused, culturally appropriate, and trauma-informed practice.
WHAT WE OFFER
1. Salary: starting at $22.21/hr. 2. Training and career development opportunities.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!