Who we are: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Indigenous population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Indigenous children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
The position: The Communication Specialist works closely with the Communications and Promotions Coordinator, to ensure that our agency is promoted effectively to other agencies and community at large. This position has a wide variety of responsibilities and duties to ensure that our objectives are met.
Who you are: A creative, passionate and, collaborative individual who strives to improve their community. You have a background in one of the following: Social Media, Communications, Marketing or a similar field.
· Work alongside the Communications Team implementing the organizations Strategic Communications Plan.
· Assist in marketing campaigns and promotional strategies to enhance the organization brand, build awareness for the cause, and strengthen social impact and financial aspirations.
· Develop and deliver integrated communications campaigns across PR, advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media
· Assist in fundraising, donor relations, and stewardship.
· Prepare internal and external monthly communications to staff, volunteers and the general public via MailChimp.
· Build relationships with key social media personalities or organizations to promote Bent Arrow’s community profile.
· Promoting existing programs to increase involvement from communities not using our services.
· Develop new partnerships to enhance agency programming and participation
· Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised, as necessary.
· Enrolled in a relevant post-secondary program in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing.
· A minimum of one year experience in social media, communications and/or marketing.
· Meet the eligibility criteria of the Canada Summer Job Programs such as between 15 years-30 years of age, legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid Social Insurance Number as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
· Understanding of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and YouTube)
· Experience with social media analytics tools
· Experience with Email Marketing (MailChimp), Copywriting, editing, blogging and Storytelling
· Experience in Graphic Design and SEO (SEM) is an asset
· Microsoft365 (Planner, Teams, SharePoint plus basics like Word and Excel).
· Understanding of Indigenous Culture is an asset.
· Ability to be creative and innovative
· Proven experience in delivering effective and engaging communications.
· Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to balance priorities and multiple projects and work collaboratively.
· Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check
· $23 per hour
· This is a temporary position for 8 weeks
· Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!