We are very excited to report that we are expanding our operations again!
We have recently created the Program Manager – Isolation Centre to provide much needed daily operations management for our Isolation Centre. Our Isolation Centre is the location where we provide much needed care and support to those individuals in our other programs who are exhibiting COVID symptoms.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate, dedicated individual who has a minimum of 5 years of experience working with vulnerable adult populations as well as a minimum of 3 years supervising staff within a similar environment.
You will also have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable people. As the world grapples with COVID 19, Progressive Housing Society is stepping up to safely support people, following the prevention and mitigation direction from health authorities as this situation evolves. Our homeless individuals are some of the most at-risk and in need of the help of supportive, committed staff.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Exempt Temporary Full-Time (7 month term)
SALARY RANGE: TBD
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: one (1) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with some flexibility to meet program needs (evenings, weekends, etc.).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. OVERSEES THE DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS OF ASSIGNED PROGRAMS, TO ENSURE CLIENTS NEEDS ARE MET APPROPRIATELY BY:
- Planning, organizing, directing, and administering the provision of the new 24/7 Isolation Centre
- Overseeing the daily operations of the program, staffing and personnel, and ensuring that program delivery is consistent with the policies, procedures, and Mission Statement of Progressive Housing Society.
- Performing assessments and coordinating the placement of clients referred in accordance with the referral and intake processes.
- Modelling effective rapport-building and client support through principles of harm reduction, trauma-informed practice, person-centred planning, respectful boundary setting, and diversity/inclusiveness.
- Delivering staff orientation and professional development.
2. PARTICIPATES AS A MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY LEADERSHIP TEAM AND ENSURES SERVICES AND FACILITIES ARE EFFECTIVE AND CONSISTENT WITH THE AGENCY MANDATE, PHILOSOPHY, CONTRACTUAL, BUDGETARY AND LEGISLATIVE REQUIREMENTS BY:
- Assessing and resolving operational issues and policies.
- Ensuring compliance of WorkSafeBC, OH&S, and Health regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with members of the Leadership team, individuals using the services, advocates, consumer family members, volunteers, community groups, staff and the general public.
- Responding to evolving political changes and environmental landscape with professional acumen.
3. SUPPORTS THE LONG-TERM FINANCIAL VIABILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION WITHIN AN ENVIRONMENT OF FISCAL AND PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITY BY:
- Managing the operating budget for delegated programs and making recommendations of budget needs.
- Supervising expenditures to ensure actual costs match budget.
- Preparing statistics for reporting on performance and spending to funders.
4. ENSURES THAT ACCURATE PROGRAM AND CLIENT RECORDS ARE MAINTAINED IN A COMPLETE, USEFUL AND CONFIDENTIAL MANNER BY:
- Developing standards for documentation and ensuring compliance to reporting guidelines using mandated systems (HIFIS).
- Monitoring staff to ensure compliance to those standards.
5. ENSURES THAT APPROPRIATE SYSTEMS ARE IN PLACE TO SUPPORT AND MAINTAIN THE AGENCY PROGRAMS BY:
- Conducting quality assurance reviews and reporting any concerns, issues or barriers.
- Discussing problem situations, attendance at special case conferences and client discharge meetings.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating program policies, practices and procedures.
- Establishing and ensuring all professional, licensing or other accreditation requirements are in place to satisfy legal, regulatory and other requirements.
6. OTHER RELATED DUTIES
- May perform direct service duties as needed, including providing after-hours coverage, working evenings and weekends, supervising volunteers, networking and liaising with stakeholders, responding to urgent requests, providing coverage to other managers during absence and other appropriate management level responsibilities as required and directed by the Directors.
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until filled
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!