Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
Client Service Worker (Receptionist)
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, the Client Service Worker is responsible for reception duties, intake/triage of clients and the effective and timely delivery of data entry, reports and other office administrative and clerical duties. Although the primary duties described outline the core work, adaptability to meeting other service needs as they emerge will be required. Ability to speak French is mandatory. This position serves our immigrant client population within the Vancouver Northeast Catchment
· Telephone and in person reception duties; answering the phone, screening and transferring calls, receiving walk-in visitors, potential program participants and guests
· Provide information on programs and referrals to other agencies and community resources including Mosaic programs
· Book & reschedule appointments for staff and manage room and equipment bookings
· Assist with purchasing procedures, building maintenance and orienting new staff
· Implement, maintain and revise internal administrative systems
· Act as a back up to Program Assistants, Financial Supports Clerk and Employment Resource Adviser
· A post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma in a relevant field (i.e.) Business Administration; or demonstrated experience in providing customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment, and working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
· Ability to speak French
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Providing information via the telephone with a pleasant manner
· Managing a fast-paced reception area and ability to work in a busy environment with public contact
· Providing administrative/clerical support with typing speed of 50 wpm or more
· Using standard office equipment and databases and ability to trouble-shoot
· Providing initial client assessment and intake in a WorkBC Centre
· A desire to assist others in finding the help they need
· Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural communication, and customer service skills especially with diverse populations
· Possesses patience, tact, and flexibility. Ability to quickly assess and refer clients appropriately
· Familiarity with job search tools and familiarity with employment-related issues; knowledge of job-search techniques; experience in group facilitation, counselling and marketing
· Knowledge and experience using databases such as ICM and OCMS
· Highly organized and able to work and stay calm under tight timeline pressure environment
· Excellent knowledge of programs, services and resources in the community and those provided by MOSAIC
Full-time position (35 hrs/week)
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
MOSAIC offers a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Client Services Worker, VNE”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
July 20th 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!