Who we Are
Success stories like this do not happen every day! From our humble beginnings as a group of mothers going door-to-door collecting dimes in support of polio research, March of Dimes Canada (MODC) has grown into a national, multi-service organization. Today, we provide a wide range of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities so they can maximize their independence, personal empowerment, and community participation. With more than 135 locations across Canada, and over 2,400 employees, MODC continues to grow and set new standards for community-based service delivery.
Our Community Support Services (CSS) program supports people with disabilities, including those with physical disabilities, brain injury and seniors, so they can live in their own homes and remain engaged, active members of their communities for as long as possible. CSS includes a variety of solutions, from supportive housing, congregate care, outreach and home-making.
Why Join our CSS Team?
Competitive benefits and pension plan
Training and development opportunities
Deeply satisfying work
Commitment to employee growth and wellness
Safe and diverse workplaces
We are currently looking to fill a permanent, full-time Community Support Supervisor role with our Supportive Housing Programs in Toronto.
Duties include the following:
- Plans and implements programs designed to enhance the efficiency and safe delivery of Community Support Services (CSS) to consumers with Physical Disabilities, or Seniors.
- Effectively manages and approves program resources, human and financial, to meet program objectives.
- Recruits, employs, trains, supervises and evaluates support service staff, within a pre-determined budget in accordance with March of Dimes Canada approved program plans.
- Monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness and implements changes required for improvement.
- Participates as a member of CSS Management Team in planning, problem resolution, quality improvement and review of service delivery performance.
- Monitors and manages annual budgets for the program and performs periodic variance analysis for review with the CSS Program Manager.
Background / Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Services/Social Services program or equivalent. Nursing experience and education an asset.
- 2 – 5 years experience in the Social Services/Health Sector; experience coordinating services for people with disabilities highly desirable
- Community based experience working with individuals with physical disabilities/seniors
- Demonstrated experience supervising or leading teams
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Knowledge of behaviour management principles
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- General understanding of computer hardware and software
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.