North York Seniors Centre provides programs and services to promote the physical, emotional and social well being of adults 55+ living in our diverse community.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Active Living Centre.
- Support members and the general public with information and assistance
- Perform administrative duties including daily deposit, maintaining statistics, scheduling, processing membership and registrations, creation and publication of newsletter and other internal promotional documents
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality programs, services, and special events for active seniors
- Coordinate the preparation of daily food service maintaining a safe, clean kitchen
- Recruitment, screening, on-boarding, training and supporting volunteers
- Participate in continuous quality improvement processes and assist the Active Living Centre Team with research and development of best practices
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service that is client focused
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- Education: Applicable degree/diploma in recreation, activation and/or Gerontology, food services
- Experience: 2 years’ experience working in a recreational environment for seniors
- Strong administrative and computer skills in a Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity working with and supporting volunteers
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written); other languages (Farsi, Korean, Chinese) an asset
- A self-starter, able to work independently as well as in a team
- Physically able to assist with lifting and moving equipment, tables and chairs
- CPR, First Aid certification, Safe Food Handling, Smart Serve certification
North York Senior Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to all that express interest in this position.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
North York Seniors Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted.