The Residential Supervisor is an experienced leader who is primarily responsible for training, mentoring and coaching employees. Duties include but are not limited to, residential staff scheduling and time sheet approval, supervision of employees, overseeing the health and well being of the individuals in service, recruitment and completing documentation.
The primary activities and tasks of the role are as follows:
- Supervise and provide leadership to employees to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of day-to-day operations. This includes planning staff and/or service requirements, recruitment, orientation/training work assignments, evaluations and ongoing coaching.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring schedules and time sheet approvals on a daily, weekly, and bi-weekly basis.
- Coordinate and communicate the logistical aspects of meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Assist in program budget preparation, monitor program budgets, and track expenditures/transactions.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with program regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure timely communication and implementation of policies and practices as directed.
- Ensure all members of the team are up-to-date with relevant program information at all times.
- Support growth and development of the program and overseeing the health and well being of the individuals.
- Complete purchase orders, expense reports, and other related duties.
- Support positive relations within the team and external parties.
- Assist in the development of funding request.
- Participate in the supervisors’ on-call rotation.
The preferred qualifications include the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or Social Sciences, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a supervisor/leadership role.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgement, reasoning, and discretion.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with all levels of WSAF.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. (Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance (to be provided every 3 years).
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (maintained), 2 Mill. Liability Insurance (required annually).
- Driver’s Abstract (required every 3 years) and use of personal vehicle are requirements for this position.
COVID 19 CONSIDERATIONS:
PPE provided, and all CMO Orders adhered to.