Location/Lieu: Ottawa, Ontario
Position/Poste: ABI Support Worker (Part-Time) 2 Positions available
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience with Harm Reduction program
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $17.78 per hour
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): Until position is filled.
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Shandi Davidson
Position: Rehabilitation Service Coordinator
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 706 Gilmour Street, Ottawa ON
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.