Centre A is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the team!
Reporting to the Gallery Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day task management within Centre A. The role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including scheduling, handling payroll and accounting activities, receiving and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general clerical duties. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for supporting event planning, community outreach and public program initiatives, as well as serving as a greeter for members and visitors.
The position is a 30-hour workweek.
Duration: October 20, 2021, through March 26, 2022
The Administrative Assistant will primarily assist with the following tasks:
– Receiving gallery visitors, recording gallery attendance, answering telephone calls, replying to emails, and responding to general inquiries
– Processing membership applications and maintaining a current member database
– Performing bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking
– Systematically filing important organizational documents, including program files, vendor files, member files and other files related to the gallery’s operations
– Coordinating gallery maintenance, including managing office supplies, gallery equipment, furniture, and other facility needs
– Scheduling, coordinating, and supporting meetings and events
– Contributing to e-newsletters, website maintenance, social media
– Participating in planning, developing and executing community presentations, outreach activities and events
– Researching and compiling grant, sponsorship, partnership, and outreach opportunities
– Providing administrative and grant writing support to the Gallery Manager
– Other duties as assigned
Note: This position is funded with assistance from the Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage (YCWBCH) Program, and all applicants must meet the Program’s eligibility requirements.
For more information about eligibility, please visit: HERE.
– An undergraduate or graduate degree with a major in Business Administration, Arts Administration, Arts & Entertainment Management, Communications, Museum Studies, or any related field of study
– Detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-motivated
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
– Superior time management skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment, and as part of a team
– Proficiency with computers and MS applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Familiarity with social media platforms and management tools beyond personal use
– Experience with audio/video production is an asset
– Experience with Cargo and WordPress is an asset
– Experience with HTML is an asset
– Photography skills are an asset
– Photography skills are an asset
– Knowledge of languages other than English, particularly Asian languages, is a strong asset
– Experience in installing contemporary art is a strong asset
– Ability to work flexible hours
Centre A is located in Vancouver’s Chinatown on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. Centre A values diversity in the workplace because it allows us to better understand and meet the needs of the communities we serve. It helps us foster greater creativity, breadth of experience, and personal growth among our staff, and it’s essential to our success as an organization.
We are committed to equity and inclusion, and strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented and marginalized groups, including but not limited to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, and/or disability.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!