Workforce Specialist, Job ID # 7022
North EO/Jewish Community Initiatives
Full-time /Temporary Contract until March 31, 2022 with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Finch and Keele
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region. Our Toronto North Employment Services programs provide a range of services at one location, including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops and job development placement services. We provide our services to a variety of clients and many of our clients are internationally trained professionals whom we help gain employment in their field. Our program is also funded by the Jewish community that helps unemployed and underemployed individuals attain employment within a competitive labour market. Learn more about the good work we do by visiting our website at https://www.jvstoronto.org/find-a-job/employment-source/.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Meet client job placement and retention targets
• Assess client strengths, needs, and job placement readiness; negotiate employment opportunities that meet both client and employer needs
• Carry out development using JVS' consultative sales model including prospecting (cold calling), networking, employer needs analysis, features/benefits and other EOPII job development and sales techniques
• Generate job leads and share them with JVS Workforce Specialists to identify potential candidates
• Build productive ongoing relationships with potential employers for agency programs/clients, contacting employers using random and targeted lead generation approaches for current client job placement needs, and advocating on behalf of the client
• Follow up with employers and clients to support ongoing retention in employment or work assignments; monitor placements; assess work environment and identify strategies to maintain client success
• Organize and facilitate on/off-site and virtual events, such as employer sessions, hiring events, info sessions, and networking panels
• Maintain detailed employer and client records; enter all required information into database system; ongoing updates and reporting of outcomes to project team
• Negotiate Training Incentives' with employers and ensure that all necessary agreement details are finalized and documentation completed
• Conduct on-site 'Monitoring Visits' to closely monitor co-op and job placements, providing assistance with work-related issues and job performance
• Continually monitor labour-market trends, conduct labour market related workshops as well as employer and community outreach to increase visibility and jobseeker participation in the JVS programs
• Provide assistance to additional projects within Jewish community
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• College Diploma in Marketing, Business, Social Science, or related
• 1-2 years of job development, employment outreach, and/or marketing experience
• Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective time-management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a steady increase in targets for all stakeholder groups
• Demonstrates knowledge of the Jewish Community, culture, and traditions as well as recognizing potential needs for job accommodations understands
• Possesses existing connections with and understanding of the Jewish employers and their companies’ requirements (including Orthodox community)
• Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce) and social media channels for outreach
• Knowledge of Hebrew and/or Russian are an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!