Internal/External Employment Opportunity
POSITION: Event planner
DEPARTMENT: Executive Office
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where
employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in
the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best
Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999
employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement
organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350+ staff and more than 400 volunteers. Our
employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and
career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in
someone’s life today!
Under the direction of and reporting to the Manager, Executive Office, this position is
responsible for supporting the organizing committees and teams in planning, actioning,
and delivering key MOSAIC external and internal annual events, as well as other
organization-wide initiatives. This position will be expected to carry out all arrangements
around preparing for and delivering events, sometimes occurring simultaneously,
including developing event plans, managing venue options, negotiating costs of venues
and services, liaising with speakers, and producing programs and agendas for events.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in all aspects of event management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of clients, staff, and volunteers.
• Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to respond to problems and to assist participants and vendors with a calm,
courteous, and helpful manner, and attitude.
• Ability to perform all administrative duties and details associated with an event.
• Thorough understanding of legal regulations and permits required for events.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Valid BC Drivers Licence and access to a car is an asset.
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
This is a full-time position. Please note, some evening/weekends
work and flexibility will be required of this position.
STARTING PAY: Competitive pay, based on qualifications and experience, and a
competitive benefits package
RESUMES TO: MOSAIC
Attn: Vania Ganacheva
Manager, Executive Office
Please send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format,
and include “Your name - Event Planner” in the subject line of your
email. No telephone calls, please.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
NOTES: We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally be permitted to work in
Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please
ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.
Posting Date: July 30, 2021
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!