BCW in Action through its business entity Black Canadian Businesses in Action (BCB in Action) brings together entrepreneurs and professionals and provides them opportunities to grow personally and professionally through advocacy, education, leadership, networking, skill building, economic empowerment and programs. BCB aims to be the leader in building a strong western black business community, and support, promote and empower Black entrepreneurs to innovate and conquer national and international markets.
We pride ourselves on being the first Black led organization of its kind providing Business programs to the Black communities. In 5 years, our organization has a proven track record delivering programs and workshops for some of the Black business owners across diverse fieds like fashion and beauty, heavy industry, food and Retail Sectors, among others.
As a Program Manager your main role will be to grow Black Business entrepreneurship and projects for the organization. Our unique position within the organizational landscape and progressive culture allows you to focus on a specific market segment that excites and/or one that you may already have key relationships and experience in. The chosen candidate will bring a breadth of experience within the business entity and will be a specialist in creating dialogue and building relationships with both current and prospective Black Business Owners. This role is best suited for individuals that thrive under an team work structure and are looking to empower the Black communities to reach their potential in Business.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Developing and implementing new programs and initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop, implement, deliver and grow the entrepreneurship program and initiatives, which entails event planning, execution and evaluation including budgeting, scheduling, promotion/marketing, andreporting
- Determine measurable organizational goals and defining ways to achieve
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Executive Director through regular reporting andpresentations
- Participate in discussions with advisory committee and provide them with information leading to strengthening program delivery
- Support businesses and entrepreneurs in navigating and connecting with ecosystem players including help with accessing loans and grant funding
- Supervise the development of an internal system for profiling clients and outcomes and the intake of new clients, early assessment, and assignments
Planning and Implementation
- Planning BCW in Action business activities by establishing tasks, objectives, and priorities
- Monitoring and controlling project progress, objectives, and costs against established schedule and budget
- Identifying problems and deficiencies, ensuring necessary corrective measures are implemented
- Establish all business tools online directory, calendar, macro agenda, business tool kit (digital and physical versions)
- Assessing and identifying new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets
- Determine staffing needs, based on programs, goals, and objectives and aligning to available budget
- Lead and manage business team, including coaches, trainers and fostering a positive, innovative, team-based and high-performance culture, ensuring exceptional results and relationships with Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Create an environment where knowledge-sharing, support, training tools, coaching and staff foster a workspace that encourages creativity, innovation and growth
- Contribute to strategic planning and operational management of BCW in Action
Client, Communities & Stakeholder Relationships
- Building relationships with both internal and external parties
- Communicating, motivating, and inspiring employees
- Gaining influence, trust, and credibility within the organization to build and help foster partnerships and collaborative work relationships
- Liaising with external business partners, other third-party organizations, and accompanying ExecutiveDirector to high level meetings and representing organization in the community
Events and New Initiatives
- Overseeing internal and external event coordination (including promotional events)
- Developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies
- Creating funding proposals, grant application and other strategies to help BCW in Action access resources that will enable organizational sustainability and development of other programs and tools that will support and empower BIPOC entrepreneurs
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, an MBA is preferred
- Previous experience working in a business development role (preferably)
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing organization’s vision
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth
- Solid business acumen to drive stakeholder and community relations engagements while partnering with key influencers
- Demonstrated track record in effective management of people, projects, and budgets
- Ambitious and target focused with drive to succeed
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business management or other related fields.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
- Knowledge in Public Relation.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 per year Note: This is the likely salary range for this position. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found.