Position description: The Human Resources Generalist is an integral part of the organization’s HR department and is responsible for supporting various HR functions and initiatives, including recruitment, employee onboarding and offboarding, health and safety, benefits administration, policy development, employee engagement initiatives, and more.
Position Type: Full-time contract
Experience Required: 4+ years
Number of Positions: 1
Reporting to: Operations Coordinator
Location: Hybrid-remote work model, with base office location at Lawrence/Allen Rd. in Toronto
Start Date: Immediately
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supports with full cycle recruitment for all internal vacancies; develops, edits, and advertises job postings; reviews resumes; coordinates and marks pre-screen documents; completes reference checks; conducts interviews; makes hiring recommendations; and supports and guides hiring supervisors.
- Works in collaboration with supervisors across the organization to proactively identify future hiring needs and organizes company recruitment events and open houses, as needed.
- Supports employee onboarding functions, including new hire orientations, HRIS data input, and conducting monitoring to ensure accuracy and compliance across the organization.
- Coordinates various training workshops for employees and maintains accurate records.
- Composes confidential correspondence and reports and maintains appropriate records.
- Supports with performance appraisals and evaluations for staff across the organization, ensuring performance reviews are conducted with new employees at regular intervals, in addition to once annually for all staff. Provides assistance and advice to supervisors on same, when required.
- Promotes positive employee relations and a professional workplace environment in accordance with the organization’s core values.
- Takes an active role in the development of employee engagement initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with the Operations Coordinator to maintain and develop company policies that meet legislative requirements and HR best practices (e.g., AODA, OHSA, OHRC, etc.).
- Supports the Operations Coordinator with developing special procedures and protocols as needed (e.g., COVID-19 safety plans).
- Supports in the administration of benefits, including enrolling new members, answering questions from team members, and resolving claims issues with benefits providers when needed.
- Responds to questions from management and employees on a wide variety of HR matters. Elevates higher level or more serious issues to the Operations Coordinator for resolution.
- Conducts retention strategy research and initiatives; tracks retention rates and provides reports.
- Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback to management and senior leadership.
- Creates and distributes employee surveys.
- Supports the Operations Coordinator with managing job-protected leaves of absences and return to work plans.
- Supports special HR projects by participating in the roll-out and delivery, monitoring of results, and necessary follow-up.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- University degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- CHRP designation highly preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of proven, hands-on HR experience within the human services field in a similar role that included various HR functions is required.
- Advanced proficiency in HRIS systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality with proven ability to maintain sensitive information and exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills in all interactions with staff at all levels, job candidates, funders, community partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention-to-detail, organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well independently is crucial.
- Responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities and able to take initiative - all Head Office staff must be able to successfully “switch gears” quickly to respond to different priorities, with their work varying from day-to-day.
- Equipped to work remotely, with reliable internet connection. Must also be willing to travel to Head Office and various other locations across the GTHA and surrounding areas when needed.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods.
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information, please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program