The Program Facilitator will assist the management team with a variety of projects related to the business program including research, surveys, communications, promotions and events.
- Work closely with the program team to develop and deliver programming
- Create plans and learning modules for assigned participants under the direction of the Program Coordinator
- Facilitate the planning, coordination, and on-site execution of program projects, initiatives
- Event planning and support for the programs and entrepreneurs’ undertakings
- Recruitment and retention of participants
- Supply content for communication and marketing
- Develop collaborative working relationships with volunteers, experts and service providers to deliver quality programming for the program
- Assisting with research and collecting data, and complete weekly notes using an internal trackingsystem
- Provide current and accurate information with regards to the program
- Maintain accurate evaluation information pertaining to the participants and the program
- Advocate for and represent the needs of Black entrepreneurs and businesses at collaborative meetings and in program planning
- Provide follow up support after program completion
- Promote skill development workshops internally and externally
This role will consist of 40% program facilitation, 20% administration, and 40 outreaches (per week)
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related area
- An understanding of business resources and labour market information
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in program coordination and facilitation
- Expertise with Black cultures from diverse backgrounds is required
Business Facilitator empowerment should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and organizational practices and ensure own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the mission and core values of Bissell Centre.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of participants and the community to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Foster, sustain and role model productive team management practices, and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Share expertise and knowledge to support, coach and develop others.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizational Skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details / data / information / activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to recruit participants and move the organization forward.
Job Type: Part-time 20h/week
Location: Edmonton (1 position)
Salary: $20- $22 per hour
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found.