Position type: Full-time 1 year contract (good possibility of renewal)
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Manager of Community Partnerships and Special Initiatives
Years’ experience: 1+
Start date: Immediately
Position Summary: The Community and Outreach Worker is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with local community groups and organizations to increase awareness of The Career Foundation and its services. The Community and Outreach Worker is also responsible for marketing and outreaching to job seekers, especially those from underrepresented groups to help them access the various employment programs and services of The Career Foundation. A creative and innovative marketing, outreach and community engagement approach will be required to be successful in this role.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Connects with schools and community organizations to encourage referrals.
- Attends and /or coordinates community events, job fairs, information sessions and other related activities in collaboration with other staff, employers, local organizations and community partners.
- Distributes event flyers, workshop calendars, and job postings to community partners to help generate referrals and intakes.
- Responds to general inquiries pertaining to programs, services, referrals, and partnerships.
- Attends monthly community partner meetings and planning table discussions.
- Coordinates with staff and management on participation in community engagement events.
- Assists and coordinates special projects in collaboration with community partners.
- Assists with creating marketing material, trackers, surveys, outreach strategies, and action plans for community priorities.
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Plans and executes innovative and effective outreach initiatives targeting local community members.
- Recruits and registers 15-30 new job seeker clients per week to ensure targets are met.
- Strategically focuses marketing and outreach efforts towards newcomers, Francophone, persons with disabilities, those receiving income support, Indigenous Peoples and youth clients to ensure that they have equitable access to services.
- Implements marketing strategies to help promote new projects as needed.
- Uses social media platforms, communication strategies and creative marketing campaigns to attract new participants and community partners.
- Promotes and delivers virtual information sessions to increase visibility and awareness of employment services and programs.
- Supports clients with completing online registration and gathers required documents.
- Creates and updates marketing material and social media marketing.
Event Support and Coordination
- Promotes and delivers virtual information sessions in the community to help increase visibility and awareness of employment services and programs.
- Conducts follow-up calls with workshop attendees to encourage program registration.
- Supports in the development of new workshops that will meet the needs of community members.
- Sets up virtual sessions and events using Zoom and MS Teams; sends out event reminders, conducts post event follow-up, manages attendance, collects evaluations and troubleshoots technical issues during events.
- Attends community meetings and events and updates team on local initiatives.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Diploma or degree preferably in marketing, communications, promotions or business, or equivalent practical work experience is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience conducting successful outreach and marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience with disability services, Ontario Works, ODSP, Indigenous communities, youth, and other vulnerable populations an asset.
- Record of achieving and exceeding outreach targets.
- Partnership, career counselling/facilitation experience considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of employment services or human resources/recruitment field a plus.
- Skilled at locating and synthesizing information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation /facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies and techniques needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other virtual meeting/conferencing software packages.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, tracking tools and data management.
- Multi-tasking skills to prioritize and consistently produce high-quality work within deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work to ensure that all requirements of the program are met.
- Energetic, creative and innovative thinker willing to think ‘outside the box’.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to meet the intake needs of the programs.
- Must be willing to work from base office location at Lawrence & Allen Rd. in Toronto, and other offices of The Career Foundation as needed, and be equipped to work remotely from home with reliable internet connection for potential remote workdays, as determined by management.
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information, please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program