Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada‘s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Want to know more about Interval House? See www.intervalhouse.ca
Join us and be a part of our team:
Are you looking to grow in the fundraising profession? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse, supportive, and change-positive team?
Then joining this team may be your best move yet.
The Administration team is a group of dedicated staff that support and respond to the needs of the Executive Team and various departments.
The Resource Development & Communications Administrator position will report to the Partnerships and Sustainability Advisor and the Resource Development & Communications Associate.
As a Resource Development & Communications Administrator you will utilise your planning, organising, communication and creative skills in providing administrative support to the fundraising programs and communication strategies. You will interact closely with the Resource Development team in supporting the efficiency of the Resource Development department.
Duties and Responsibilities include liaising with the Resource Development Team to:
• Prepare donor stewardship letters
• Provide administrative support for proposal packages; peer-to-peer fundraising campaign; monthly e-newsletters; social media communications calendar; marketing materials and blogs; meeting and event logistics coordination
• Maintain accurate donor records and databases and report on social media statistics
• Responding to public inquiries efficiently and respectfully
• Assist with updating and maintaining the department’s policies and procedures
Job & Competency Requirements:
• Minimum 1 year experience and knowledge in administration
• Experience and knowledge in communications, event planning, and fundraising
• Ability to administer stakeholder correspondences as directed (ex: thank you letters)
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders
• Knowledge of digital communications tools including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite, Canva, Google Analytics, and YouTube
• Experience working with volunteers
• Demonstrates conduct that adheres to the AFP Standards of Professional Practice
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, and external databases
• Manages time effectively and efficiently by prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to observe strict confidentiality
• Consistent ability to demonstrate positive and professional behavior and maintain boundaries
• Accountability, dependability, and flexibility
• Ability to receive constructive feedback, take coaching
• Ability to manage conflict
• Demonstrating a proactive mindset and tendency to take initiative
• Ability to identify and manage risks
• Ability to positively adapt to and manage change
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a racially and culturally diverse environment
• Taking initiative for self-development
You will benefit from:
Employer paid Group Insurance benefits
Paid vacation and sick benefits
Growth and learning opportunities
Working with a supportive, fun loving team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 is required upon hire.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!