ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a Project Coordinator who would work in accordance with the mission, vision and values, and strategic direction of the Community Action Initiative Society of BC (CAI BC), this position is to support the project: Harm Reduction Education and Support for Municipalities and Regional Districts in British Columbia. The role involves overseeing project plans, schedules, and tasks, tracking expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. The role includes coordinating the project team regarding harm reduction and peer engagement with government stakeholders in BC’s Municipalities and Regional Districts.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and oversee all project activities, resources, and information
• Work under the supervision of the Director to maintain comprehensive project documents, plans and reports.
• Assist in the management of the harm reduction grant and contract.
• Provide input on the co-creation of the project design and materials.
• Assist in the development of harm reduction education policies and standards.
• Maintain and monitoring project plans, project schedules, and expenditures
• Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings
• Document and follow up on important actions and decisions
• Monitor project progress, under the supervision of the Director and communicate when issues arise
• Supervise staff, assign work, and provide feedback and evaluation.
• Perform other duties and work on other projects as required.
Education and Experience:
• Diploma in Business Administration or in a relevant discipline.
• Three years of project coordination experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
Skills and Abilities
• Experience working with project teams
• Ability to establish effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks and demands
• Sound knowledge of principles of health equity, mental health and wellness, and social determinants of health
• Knowledge of and/or work experience in harm reduction is an asset
• Plain language writing and editing, and structural editing expertise
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• 22.5 hours/week (0.6 FTE), regular part-time.
• The Project Coordinator is a unionized position under the Health Services and Support – Community Subsector Association, Administrative Support 5 - Wage Grid 36.
• Flexible working schedule - being available in non-core hours relative to assignment.
• This position is located in Vancouver. Although some of the work may be done remotely, if the successful candidate lives outside Metro Vancouver, the candidate needs to be able to maintain a physical presence at the Vancouver office at least one day a week.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!