JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region. Canada InfoNet is a national online program offering pre-arrival services to internationally educated professionals. It provides employment preparation, occupation specific mentoring, and Canadian workplace culture support. To learn more about the program, visit our website at https://www.jvstoronto.org/pre-arrival/canada-infonet/.
Are you looking for meaningful work where you can make a noticeable difference in peoples’ lives? JVS Toronto will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career and give back to our community. To reward employees’ hard work, JVS Toronto offers a paid vacation allowance, health, vision, & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Online Mentoring Administrator, Job ID #5004
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Keele & Finch
Online mentoring program administration:
- Support further upgrading and ongoing maintenance of Canada InfoNet online mentoring platform, gather and analyze data for process documentation and improvement
- Ensure efficiency of all platform features, make suggestions for ongoing platform improvements and provide support for their implementation
- Support Canada InfoNet Mentoring Coaches with mentor matching, following up with program mentees and mentors
- Ensure data consistency and integrity; provide technical support for both internal and external users
- Provide support to mentoring program partner agencies by generating regular reports from the mentoring platform, being the point of contact for trouble-shooting user profile related issues.
Pre-arrival online learning administration:
- Administer and maintain the LMS
- Create and update courses and course information on the LMS
- Liaise with external consultants and online developers
- Assign and monitor credentials to program participants for online course access
General pre-arrival program administrative support:
- Provide information to potential clients and referral sources, describe programs and answer questions knowledgeably; coordinate recruitment and referrals with referral partner agency officers, screen referrals for appropriateness of program and conduct initial client intake
- Guide and follow up on client progress through Canada InfoNet including components provided by partner organizations
- Assist in conducting 3, 6 and 9-month follow-ups to track progress after completion of pre-arrival services and maintain relevant participant records
- Track participants’ progress and outcomes and prepare monthly and other reports as required on Planning for Canada referrals, service delivery, outcomes and success stories
- Provide clerical support, including editing and formatting reports, word processing of correspondence, reports and other materials, photocopying, email, maintaining office supplies and equipment, ordering test supplies, etc.
- Provide administrative support during online virtual job fairs, webinars and other events
- Reception coverage and other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Certification in administration
- Strong technical skills and a proven ability to master new databases and technologies, including online Learning Management/Matching Systems
- Experience with online learning and online tools administration
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to conduct research
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; detail oriented
- Strong administration skills; experience with data entry, inventory, spreadsheets, report presentation
- Customer service oriented and strong interpersonal skills; culturally sensitive
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of SalesForce
- Knowledge of government database iCare
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.