Traverse Program - Chilliwack
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
*Flexible Hours may be required
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The clinical counsellor works as part of a large multi-disciplinary team that provides treatment for substance use for youth (13-18) in a bed-based, live-in setting. The team works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services to our participants. This position acts as a clinical counsellor and case manager to youth living in a residential setting. The counsellor will also provide group-based addictions therapy and one-on-one clinical counselling using evidence-based interventions such as attachment theory, child and adolescent growth and development, counselling theories such as CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused and Existential and Experiential therapies onsite as well as outdoors. The clinical counsellor will balance clinical methodologies with recreational and relationship-based practices within a strength-based, trauma-informed approach. This position requires a sound understanding of addictions, mental health and trauma-informed practices.
• Provide advocacy, support and clinical counselling to participants in a safe environment using evidence-based interventions.
• Facilitate and plan program groups, including process groups, psychoeducation and adventure-based recreation within the Traverse model of care.
• Develop individual service plans and goals to meet participant needs; liaise with social workers, youth support workers and other professionals
• Communicate frequently and engage in care team meetings with the participant’s care team, referring agent and family
• Provide family counselling and support.
• Engage in periodic evaluation and review of treatment goals and re-negotiate as appropriate
• Ensure coordination and ongoing communication with the clinical lead, YSW leads and other
members of the team and support networks
• Maintain appropriate group and individual case files and documentation
• Understand and apply the PCRS’s policies and procedures. Identify, address and resolve
issues related to policy, emergencies, service provision and facilities where applicable.
• Incorporate recreation-based outdoor therapy in coordination with other staff
• Participate on committees, working groups, and associations; and develop community
networks relevant to managed services.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Master’s degree or B.A. in a related discipline and registration with a clinical body such as
B.C. Association of Clinical Counsellors or Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy
Association has three (3) years of experience as a clinical counsellor. An equivalent
combination of education and experience will also be considered.
• A sound understanding of addictions, mental health and trauma-informed practices.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Tuberculosis and medical clearance
• Current standard first aid certificate
• Class 5 Driver’s license with business use insurance
• Use of own vehicle required (Mileage is paid)
• Driver’s abstract
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Team Lead, Traverse Program
Salary Range: $34.61/hour – $38.45/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS228
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We
welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!