Development Associate, Job ID #7023
Development & Communications
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Dufferin & Lawrence
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector. Our mission is to enable people to maximize their potential at work and school. Join our development and communications team to help us engage donors and funders in an effort to generate revenue for the agency to provide our services without charge to those who need it most.
Our employees benefit from competitive salaries, a friendly work environment and opportunities for continuous learning. JVS Toronto also offers a generous vacation package, group benefits and pension plans in addition to paid sick time, family care and wellness days, monthly wellness initiatives, access to an employee assistance program (EAP) and a variety of corporate discounts.
Learn about the work we do: www.jvstoronto.org
We are looking for a highly collaborative, driven and creative critical thinker to join our team.
The Development Associate will:
• Identify new grant opportunities and write proposals, letters of intent and reports for foundations, government funders and donors
• Respond to donor inquiries and communicate effectively with donors, leadership volunteers and stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with key agency staff, providing consultation and support on funder/donor relations
• Conduct research on employment services needs, issues facing JVS Toronto’s client groups, and understanding the work of other agencies
• Write clear and comprehensive proposals, stewardships reports and donor materials
• Maintain donor data and conduct research on best practices for maximizing data integrity and using it to inform fundraising strategies
• Analyze donor data and prepare reports for use by senior staff and committees
• Prepare content for a variety of donor centered communications and materials
• Provide support to Fundraising Committee of the Board
• Provide support at donor recognition events and activities
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
• 1-2 years of experience conducting research, writing, editing, and proofreading
• Effective written communication skills; demonstrated writing and related abilities
• Proven ability to organize information and meet challenging deadlines
• Communicate effectively with donors, leadership volunteers and stakeholders
• Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office and other agency used databases (i.e. Raiser’s Edge or other donor database)
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Post Graduate Certificate in Fundraising, Corporate Communications, or non-profit management, or evaluated as the equivalency from a Canadian university
• Sales and/or marketing experience to promote JVS Toronto’s services and generate revenue
• Previous experience in a not-for-profit, social services, or similar setting
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter Here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!