Who we are: Job Skills offers employment solutions connecting the skills of job seekers with the needs of employers to create a more vibrant community.
What we need: Results-driven individuals who:
- Are inspired by helping people achieve their employment goals and enjoys building relationships with the employer and business community
- Have demonstrated experience in sales, negotiation, building partnerships, innovation, coaching and facilitating change
- Have post-secondary education in a Social Services related field, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruitment or a combination of related education and relevant work experience
- Have Post-secondary education, preferably a Job Developer Certificate and/or related University Degree with experience in Job Development
- Have well-developed interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Have experience working with youth providing a variety of workplace supports and job coaching to help clients be successful
- Have knowledge of community agencies, services, resources and employers within the community
- Have a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
What you will do: The Business Liaison Specialist supports the activities of the Job Skills Employment Programs and Services activities by:
- Achieving targets (both job starts and retention)
- Creating and maintaining working relationships with employers
- Achieving individual targets towards overall team outcomes
- Screening employers for suitability and relevancy
- Aiding employers to determine needs, develops job descriptions, and arranging for interviews of potential employees
- Promoting the organization and its pool of talent
- Performing on-site or virtual visits to employment locations for follow-up and monitoring
- Participating in delivering outreach and marketing activities within the community; including job fairs, community and employment agencies, and performing outreach to clients and employers
- Analyzing, evaluating and interpreting job information to assist clients in selecting the work environment best suited to their needs
- Meeting with clients regularly and follow up with their progress and needs, based on client Stream A, B, or C (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly up to 12 months) to ensure employment retention
- Assisting in developing employment objectives, identifying barriers to success, and strategizing for evaluating progress
- Ensuring matches between suitable clients with appropriate work placements and mentoring opportunities; supporting workplace success; facilitating adjustments, as required
- Providing information to applicants; assisting in the orientation sessions and workshops; evaluating candidate suitability for JS programs
- Implementing marketing strategy and attending promotional activities
- Expending employer supports as per allocated budget
- Ensuring all client notes and data entry is completed with accuracy and within a timely manner
- Delivering high quality service as outlined in Job Skills’ customer service standards
- Post-secondary education, preferably a Job Developer Certificate and/or related University Degree with experience in Job Development
- Post-secondary education in a Social Services related field, Human Resources, Marketing, Recruitment or a combination of related education and relevant work experience
- 2-4 Years’ Experience in the Social Service sector
- Building Collaborations/Partnerships
- Client Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Persuasive Communication
- Problem Solving
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills, how you can apply to this exciting position and become part of our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new Programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our staff, our community and our clients.
As a Business Liaison Specialist with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience in counseling and networking to help clients find and maintain meaningful employment.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title, and job reference number in the email subject line and tell us how you learned about this opportunity in your cover letter. Also, please discuss how you’ve been involved in job development or related skills such as sales, negotiation, people skills and managing a caseload to achieve targets.