Temporary position - End date: June 2, 2023
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE- CARITAS CANADA is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. The organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, Development and Peace - Caritas Canada raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director of the department, the animator is responsible for implementing the education and fundraising programs, particularly the Share Lent campaign, with both the members and the broader public. The animator represents the Organization in a given region and is the basic link between the Organization and its network of members. The animator's mandate includes recruitment, animation (facilitation), training, and accompanying the members in his or her region.
1. To recruit, train, facilitate and accompany members and leaders in the region for which he or she is responsible;
2. To support members and leaders in order to strengthen their capacities to:
a. organize the movement,
b. plan activities,
c. recruit new members from among diverse publics, including youth, young adults and cultural communities,
d. build public awareness, and
e. raise funds;
3. To support members in representing Development and Peace to the public, to social movements, to the media and to the Diocesan Churches in his or her region;
4. To coordinate training sessions and other Diocesan and Inter-Diocesan activities;
5. To facilitate and spearhead the various Development and Peace campaigns and programs in his/her region: engaging youth and cultural communities; fundraising, educating and raising awareness of Canadian public about international solidarity.
• University degree in education, social work (community development / community work), international development or the equivalent
• Fluency in French and English, written and spoken (the main working language is English)
• Mastery of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) (asset)
• Four years relevant experience in a multicultural setting (animation/education/community development)
• Experience in fundraising (asset)
• Experience working with volunteers
• Experience working with youth
• Ability to drive a car (valid driving licence)
• Available to travel in Canada and abroad
• Available for evening and weekend work
Competitive working conditions according to the collective agreement, including collective insurances and pension plan.
35 hours / week.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!