Volunteer Outreach Worker,
MOSAIC Language Centres
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a self-motivated individual, who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic environment and is able to take initiative in the role of Volunteer Outreach Worker to support the Language Centres in Vancouver & Burnaby.
Volunteer Outreach Worker (LINC Program)
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the manager, the Outreach Worker works with MOSAIC Language
Centre and Staff, Volunteer Program Staff to administer MOSAIC’s Language Program’s volunteer program.
· Works collaboratively with Instructional Developers and Instructors to identify the need for volunteers in the LINC program.
· Works in conjunction with the General Volunteer Outreach Worker to source volunteers.
· Orients, trains, supervises and supports volunteers.
Implements and continuously improves the monitoring and evaluation process of the volunteer program.
· Bachelors’ Degree in relevant field.
· Experience working in program coordination, and volunteer or staff supervision.
· Experience in volunteer management, including screening, placing, orientation and training.
· Experience working with immigrants and refugees from different ethno-cultural minority communities.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including TEAMS, as well as ZOOM, Better Impact Database an asset.
· Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
MOSAIC offers a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Volunteer Outreach Worker, LINC”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Linda Davies
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing Until Filled
August 31st 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!