POSITION TITLE: Report Support Officer
POSITION TYPE: Short-term, part-time contract
REPORTS TO: Manager – Engagement, Research & Policy
DIRECT REPORTS: None
START DATE: Mid-September
LOCATION: Alberta-based, remote work – Due to COVID-19, AAISA staff and volunteer positions will work remotely for the foreseeable future
The Alberta Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (AAISA) is a non-profit umbrella organization representing agencies that provide resettlement, settlement, and integration services to newcomers in the province of Alberta. Since 1980, we have been working to build the sector’s capacity to better serve newcomers by fostering collaboration, professionalization, and member-driven research and policy work. AAISA is seeking a Report Support Officer to provide critical assistance in the regional Health of the Sector (HOTS) research project. Through the HOTS project, AAISA will examine the settlement and integration sector from the perspective of the front-line staff from agencies across the three provinces (Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba) of the Prairies and Northern Territories (PNT) region to better understand the perspectives of staff related to their employment experience, organizational strengths and challenges, and the opportunities available to them.
Supporting the Research & Policy Lead, the Report Support Officer will clean and organize quantitative and qualitative data gathered through the HOTS project utilizing STATA and other relevant software. The Report Support Officer will also assist with coding, graphing, and data analysis as needed throughout the project, and will play an integral role in data presentation and organization for the final report at the end of the calendar year.
ROLE & DELIVERABLES
The Report Support Officer will:
• Work closely to support the Research & Policy Lead to clean and organize qualitative and quantitative data collected from the regional Health of the Sector research project
• Assist with coding, graphing, and analyzing the data as stipulated by project timelines
• Support with data presentation into a final report
• The Data Support Officer will be contracted from mid-September to mid-December 2021
• Regular meetings with AAISA staff will be required during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to provide the contractor with direction, review progress, and provide feedback on deliverables
• Payment will be disbursed to the contractor semi-monthly in accordance with a set schedule stipulated at the onset of the contract
• Post-secondary education in a related field
• Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data
• Experience working with STATA, Microsoft Office (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Microsoft Teams), Canva, and Zoom
• Experience in data visualization is an asset
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Self-motivated with a high-level of attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, while maintaining a collaborative approach and receptiveness to feedback
• Adaptive and responsive in a dynamic work environment
• Experience working in the non-profit sector is an asset
• French language fluency is an asset
• Experience working in remote-work settings is an asset
AAISA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we work to sustain anti-discrimination and anti-racism practices in our workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, physical or mental health, religion or beliefs, or any other status protected by law. Harassment or discrimination is not tolerated at AAISA. All aspects of employment including the decision
to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
To apply: To apply, send your cover letter and resume to by Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!