Administrative Assistant - High Level, Alberta
Schedule: 40 hrs/wk; Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve the lives of children, youth and families who are facing challenges. This busy administration office supports the essential work of the WJS Family Services programs, staff and management in High Level and area.
The Administrative Assistant will assist Program Managers with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing job posting request forms, conducting reference checks and credential verifications, petty cash and expense reports, as well as, coordinating the social services drive program and other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit for approval invoices, bills, expense claims, etc.
• Complete payroll time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms.
• Create program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Work with Program Manager to coordinate the drive program - Coordinating/scheduling social services drives for families in within the local area, etc.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Telephone and in-person reception - represents WJS in a professional manner .
• Organize and store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Assist in the evaluation of program/service deliverables and contribute information/recommendations toward improvements.
• Schedule appointments for various services.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Adhere to program and provincial standards as well as WJS policies and procedures.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Completion of post-secondary Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources)
• 1+ years experience in an office environment
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Previous experience with client/personnel file maintenance, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support’. The social supports we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, 2 weeks vacation to start, Employer-paid AD&D, $5,000 Dependent Life and more!
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs for professional and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!